19 January 2013

Roses Are Red, Red, Red


I've had this blog for a whole week now and I've decided to make a weekly trend of posting a list of things I've discovered during the course of the previous week that I'm desperate to get my hands on and add to my wardrobe. So stay tuned every weekend for a new post of weekly fashion finds!
Sparkle & Fade Ponte Knit Blazer - Urban Outfitters
After starting to follow lookbook.nu for fashion ideas, I was really inspired to get my hands on my own red blazer. They look amazing with a pair of super skinny jeans and a simple white shirt. After hunter around online for weeks (seriously, it's summer in Australia and anything with sleeves longer than a t-shirt is just impossible to find) and mulling over a couple from Forever 21, I think I've finally decided on this one from Urban Outfitters. I ended up purchasing it on Monday night and can't wait for it to arrive!
Bluebell Studded Tee - Forever New
It's surprisingly hard to find really decent basics for a reasonable price in Australia. You can either go super cheap and get really poor quality items that you often have to wear another shirt underneath because they're so thin or you can pay ridiculous amounts of money for a simple t-shirt.  Fortunately Forever New have unique basics like this studded tee for a moderate price and good quality. I may have been naughty and purchased this on payday...
Pins & Needles Ponte Knit Peplum Top - Urban Outfitters
I'm a little bit obsessed with red at the moment if you couldn't tell and also with peplum style tops. I own plenty of peplum skirts but my wardrobe is severely lacking in tops. I'm going to keep my eye on this for the coming cooler months. How great would it look with some fashionable black leggings, disco pants or skinny jeans?
Staring at Stars Crepe Studded Shoulder Dress - Urban Outfitters
I'm a little bit in love with studded clothing at the moment and so I think the detailing on this dress from Urban Outfitters is just gorgeous! Unfortunately the reviews all imply that the sleeves are quite constricting and with an $80 price tag, I think this is one dress I am doomed to lust after and lust after only.
Pins & Needles Backless Lace Dress - Urban Outfitters
Along with my red obsession I also seem to be a little preoccupied with Urban Outfitters at the moment. It's hard to find a good clothing store that delivers to Australia, let alone for free for orders over $50. I just hope it's still on sale when I have the money to buy it!
Black Full Skater Skirt - TopShop
Last week I mentioned the trouble I was having finding a faux leather skater skirt and I think this week I have finally found the perfect one from TopShop! It's a little bit (okay, a  lot) more expensive than the one from Necessary Clothing I posted last week but the material seems much better quality and it has really good reviews. I ended up purchasing it on Friday after selling some things on eBay from my ongoing wardrobe rehab and I can't wait until it arrives!
Double Layer Silver Spike Necklace - Lovisa
And finally for this week we have this gorgeous spiked necklace from an Australian accessories store called Lovisa. I'm a little bit obsessed with spiked jewellery at the moment and this is definitely the best spiked necklace I have found so far. I hope to be able to find it in-store soon so I don't have to go to the trouble of buying it online!
Anyway tonight I am going to a casual party and tomorrow to the beach so hopefully I will have some new outfit posts for you during the week!
xoxo
Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. That faux leather skater skirt is gorgeous! Congrats on having your blog for a week :D I'm new to blogging too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Congratulations to you too! I can't wait until the skirt arrives so I can start putting together outfits with it!

      Delete