15 January 2013

Rendezvous With Fashion: An Introduction


Welcome! Somehow you've stumbled across my first proper attempt at a fashion blog, Rendezvous With Fashion.
My first ever attempt at writing a fashion blog ended up going off on a massive tangent and was sadly abandoned shortly after it started. However after a recent trip to Paris and London I was inspired to not only revamp my wardrobe and my 'look' but to also give fashion blogging another try.
So a little bit about me... My name is Rebecca, I'm a 25-year-old from Australia with a newly discovered love affair with fashion. I've personally never really been the type of girl to keep with trends or bother much about what I'm wearing but I've always loved pretty clothes. I hope this blog will not only teach me to be more mindful of how I dress and what I buy but will also inspire others to be brave and experiment with your own fashion style, especially if you're not 100% happy with it!
Now to make this post actually a little more on topic, here are some things I am currently lusting after and am dying to add to my wardrobe as soon as possible.
Hi Hater Leather Mini Skirt - Necessary Clothing
I became obsessed with leather-look skirts after finding the most lovely one in Forever 21 on Oxford Street while I was in London last month. Unfortunately for me they appeared sold out in my size in every single Forever 21 store! So I did the smart thing and turned to the internet to try and find one... and I did! But after purchasing the skirt I went back to read the product reviews and apparently it is a wet look skirt rather than a fake leather skirt like I wanted. I'm still on the hunt for a proper fake leather one and at $14.99 I think this one from Necessary Clothing just might just be the one I've been searching for!
Spartans Lace Leggings - Black Milk Clothing
I am a longtime fan of Black Milk Clothing (an Australian label designed and sewn all in my hometown of Brisbane) and am currently lusting after a pair of their Spartans Lace Leggings. These leggings never really appealed to me at first but I bought some amazing sweaters and blazers in Paris and London that I think would go perfectly with these leggings. I am determined to buy them before winter rolls around again! And if you haven't checked out Black Milk Clothing before, you definitely should. They're a little bit expensive but once you buy a pair you will understand the quality and customer service is just fantastic and makes the price tag worth every cent.
Lara Studded Collar & Cuff Chiffon Shirt - boohoo.com
I have always had a little bit of a soft spot for anything studded or spiked, so this button-up shirt from boohoo.com is just perfect in my opinion! I'm just waiting for payday next week before buying this lovely blouse. I've been in need of a long-sleeved white shirt for quite a while and with the studded collar and cuffs, I just can't pass this one up. Perfect!
Alaina Triple Spiked Bracelet - boohoo.com
Speaking of studs, I am currently loving spiked jewelry as well as spiked and studded clothing. I think this gorgeous bracelet, also from boohoo.com, just might find its way into my shopping cart when I purchase the shirt above. I am quite new to wearing gold accessories but I think this bracelet will just go perfectly with some of the blouses and sweaters I bought in London and Paris. It's a definite must-have in my mind for the coming season to add an edgy touch to any outfit.
Velvetines Red Velvet - Lime Crime
I am simply dying to get this little number into my make-up bag! Velvetines by Lime Crime are not only cruelty free but they're vegan as well and according to reports from my friends, they stay and stay and stay through kissing, eating, drinking and a whole night of partying without needing to reapply at all. Sounds amazing! One thing that has always put me off regularly wearing lipstick is the reapplying factor so I really can't wait to give this a try.
Sanchia Snaffle Scallop Hem Shorts - Forever New
And finally we have these scallop hem shorts from Forever New. I absolutely adore Forever New but their regular clothes have always seemed a little bit out of my price range until I decided to start putting quality over quantity when it comes to fashion. These navy shorts are super cute and definitely a must-have for the remainder of the Australian summer.
That's all until next time, I'm afraid. I will definitely blog again soon with some outfits I've put together that I can't wait to share with you!
xoxo
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment