25 January 2013

Product Review: Lime Crime Velvetines (Red Velvet)


You may remember from my very first post on this blog that I have been dying to get my hands on a Red Velvet lipstick from Lime Crime's Velvetines collection.  Red Velvet and its twin (Suedeberry) have been sold out absolutely everywhere online for a little while but I finally managed to track one down this week from a website called Tragic Beautiful and it arrived yesterday.
Initially I was very impressed with the product. The packaging is exactly as pictured and very cute. The colour of the lipstick itself is absolutely gorgeous! It goes on much like a lip gloss however it dries very quickly into a matte finish that is supposed to last and last.
Unfortunately, by lunch time I was starting to get a little bit disappointed with the lipstick. Despite moisturizing my lips with lip balm 20 minutes before applying the lipstick, my lips got very dry very quickly and as a result the lipstick started to stick to itself as well as go a bit flaky and in places come off. I had to touch up mid-morning and then again after eating lunch because it had come off even more by then. I also noticed it was starting to bleed/run around the edges of my lips despite my lip liner! Not a good look!
Instagram @rendezvouswithfashion
Overall I would recommend this lipstick but only for a night out where you are only going for drinks. I wouldn't recommend it as an every day lipstick (despite the amazing colour) or if you are going to be eating food because it goes very dry and just doesn't stay in place as advertised by Lime Crime or like my friends have been saying.
And be careful if you make a mistake whilst applying it! It stains your skin quite easily!
I will have a new outfit post (or two) up over the weekend for you but until then, enjoy the sneak peak of my H&M blouse in the picture above!
xoxoRebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment